Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a private, non-profit organization that was founded in 1912. The BBB’s mission is to “foment an ethical marketplace through self-regulation, consumer education, and dispute resolution.”
The BBB provides a variety of services to consumers and businesses, including:
- Consumer protection: The BBB helps consumers research businesses before making purchases, file complaints against businesses, and resolve disputes with businesses.
- Business education: The BBB provides businesses with resources on how to comply with the law, resolve customer complaints, and build trust with consumers.
- Dispute resolution: The BBB offers mediation and arbitration services to help businesses and consumers resolve disputes.
The BBB also publishes ratings for businesses. These ratings are based on a number of factors, including the number of complaints filed against the business, the number of complaints that are resolved to the satisfaction of the consumer, and the business’s response to complaints.
The BBB is not a government agency, but it is a trusted source of information for consumers and businesses. The BBB’s ratings can be a helpful tool for consumers who are looking for a trustworthy business to do business with.
Here are some of the benefits of using the BBB:
- You can research businesses before making a purchase.
- You can file a complaint against a business if you have a problem.
- The BBB can help you resolve disputes with businesses.
- You can get information about businesses, such as their complaint history and ratings.
- You can learn about scams and fraud.
If you are considering doing business with a particular company, it is a good idea to check their BBB rating. This can give you an idea of how the company has been rated by other consumers and whether they have a history of resolving complaints. You can also check the company’s website for customer reviews.
If you have a problem with a business, you can file a complaint with the BBB. The BBB will investigate the complaint and try to resolve it between you and the business. If the complaint cannot be resolved, the BBB may publish the complaint on their website.
The BBB is a valuable resource for consumers and businesses. It can help you make informed decisions about where to do business and resolve disputes with businesses.